Tuesday, July 5, 2016

Stepping Stones

My immediate goal is the 12 weeks competition.  It's a "percentage lost" competition and so could go any direction.  The following is a list of practices I've either begun or intend to... what are your thoughts?

Apple Cider Vinegar/honey/lemon/ginger daily drink

3-5 days a week cycling and basic core workout. (I might even pick up on some Zumba)

Daily vitamin regimen including multi's, D, B-complex, C, Kelp, Glucosamine, Omega 3, probiotics and a few others.

Stevia in place of sugars with no HFCS and lower sugar in general.

Stop eating when I'm no longer hungry, not necessarily cutting out any food, just eating smaller meals.

High veggie intake, sometimes as a meal (many from our own garden)

60mg protein daily in various forms.

fruit and fruit smoothies with yogurt and natural sweeteners in lieu of desserts.

I'm considering an intermittent fasting regime, but as I'm nursing, this might have to wait.

Installing a large mirror to look at myself daily (not the scale).

Using post it's to create thoughts, complements and reminders to help on the journey.

Using the OneNetDiary App.  Others have been recommended, I will have to look those up.

Creating a calendar to help me along the path.

So here are my ideas.  Feel free to add some ideas, recipes and experiences to help me along the way.




6 comments:

  1. I understand AC Vinegar is really good for you. And I hear it can help you lose weight, although I can't speak from experience.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've been looking up a bunch of recipes that I can tolerate taking daily... any recommendations?

      Delete
  2. Yummy "desserts" I enjoy use Plain Greek Yogurt! Mix a sprinkle of fat free pudding mix (like cheesecake or lemon) into a cup of Greek yogurt. Sprinkle sliced almonds/cut strawberries on top. Also, Honeycrisp or Pink Lady apple diced up and mixed with a little Greek Yogurt, cinnamon and a sprinkle of stevia to sweeten it. Another great treat idea is FLUFF!! I usually want to stuff my face late at night. I'm known to eat wayyyy too much ice cream before bed! Pour a cup or so of almond/coconut/cashew milk (your choice) into a mixer, a small amount of xanthan gum (around a teaspoon) to thicken, about 20g protein powder (I like 1st Phorm's Ice Cream Sandwich). Let it mix for a good ten minutes and let the fluff magic happen! It is VERY filling and super low calories. I like to top with fat free cool whip, sugar free maple syrup, blueberries, sugar free chocolate syrup, whatever you desire! :o) Just remember, a lot of people turn to fruit thinking it's healthy....but it's also carbs and can add up quickly. Tracking macros is the way to go! You go girl!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, and I've started drinking infused lemon water. didn't like it at first, but it's grown on me. I especially love lemon/strawberry water. It's great for the metabolism and curbing hunger. Helps you feel fuller longer, helps with digestion and energy. And having a good quality probiotic daily is GREAT!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So excited for you to take this journey. :) I totally support the ACV drinks. I make them almost every day too! Here are some of my favorite ways to make it: I steep two herbal tea bags (fruity flavors, or today I tried licorice spice, yum!) in a cup of hot water, pour it in a mason jar with 2 TBSP ACV, 1 tsp ginger (fresh or powdered), and a bunch of stevia, then fill to the top with water. That is my concentrate that I keep in the fridge. I pour it over ice and dilute with a little more water and drink allll day long, especially between meals and at night! Another way I make it is with caramel extract instead of the tea, and it tastes like root beer (sort of). Or I use a sugar free drink flavoring (like you would buy and add to a bottle of water - Nuun is a good one from Sprouts) and add the ACV and ginger and stevia to taste. It took me a while to figure out what combinations I liked. (My hubby still can't stand the vinegar flavor but I don't mind it at all)

    ReplyDelete
  5. And all of your other ideas sound really good too! I think it's great that you are blogging as a support tool. I get tons of motivation to keep making healthy choices from the health/fitness facebook groups I'm a part of. Helps so much to know we are not alone in this endeavor!

    ReplyDelete