Sunday, July 17, 2016

Along the Path

Last week, I went to a store in Independence.  I ran in while the family waited in the car and as I was checking out, a man came up to me and flirted.  He asked if I was married and was gracious in his compliments.  I blushed, and accepted his praise with gratitude and rushed through check out.

A few days later, another similar thing happened.  In another store, another man flirted with me and told me I was beautiful.

So, let me explain something, as a heavy person, I hate compliments.  When somebody says I'm beautiful, I struggle to believe them.  When my husband tells me I'm beautiful, I struggle to believe him.  When the world tries to tell me that big is beautiful, I sincerely struggle to believe them... but only as it applies to me.

There a few heavy women in our church congregation.  I see them as beautiful.  Why is it so difficult for me to believe that I can be seen as I see others?

2 comments:

  1. I have the same problem. I always think they are trying to get something.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's definitely part of it. My logical side sees that they are just being kind and that they are likely sincere. My emotional side disagrees with them and thinks they're just crazy :)

      Delete