Tuesday, August 2, 2016

When You're Walking...

What do you think about?  Do you memorize scriptures?  I used to memorize the plays and skits that I was participating in.

I'm not much of a walker.  My back has some problems, but I don't mind cycling.

That's actually not what this post was about.  As I'm walking this path, I'm impressed by so many things people say.  Many are too scared to say anything for fear of offending me.  If I were easily offended, I wouldn't take the chance to publicly share my journey with the remote possibility some jerk will get on here and tell me what a fat pig I am and anything of that sort.  I was fully aware of that possibility.

I'm here before you all to tell you that I NEED your comments, good bad and ugly.  I think about a lot of things including the comments you share, the recipes, the future, the past... all of it.  When my last post received some comments about books and videos to watch, one in particular struck me.

Forks over Knives.  I haven't seen it yet, but I'm to understand it's a plant based diet.  My friend from church had cancer a few years ago and switched to plant based diet.  He is the healthiest older man I know.  If he dies before he's 100, it will be a fluke.  I like meat, but I'm not foolish about it.  My husband LOVES meat and insists that most meals should have it.  That is something I've been trying to work on.

It's also really difficult to find the time to prepare meals to that degree.  I've worked on it one little bit at a time and will eventually get there, but it takes work and it takes time.

I'd love more of your advice and I will update you on the progress after I watch that movie.

1 comment:

  1. I know that a cancer diet means no dairy no sugar and nothing that has a mother. Its a different world from the typical American diet but very healthy and filling.

    ReplyDelete